Monday 3 May 2010

the great gatsby quote♥


"that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool"

I decided to base a set of images on a famous piece of literature – The Great Gatsby, and from this I took the quote: “that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool". So I based this idea of images on the idea of beauty being the only thing a girl can do in life. From this I put a separate quote from The Great Gatsby surrounding beauty over each image as my text. I kept the font simple because I wanted the actual text to be the main meaning rather than looking beautiful. I also chose to put the text in obvious places because they needed to be seen from the viewer to fully understand the image. I chose to edit the images in the particular dulled down, drearier way to show the viewer that beauty isn’t everything yet could shin through duller, boring looking images. I think from this set of images the viewer has too look closer at each image to see the meaning and the beauty behind the image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment