Tuesday 4 May 2010

Moonlit skies♥analysis


I love this image because you can see the moon in such intimate detail and it fascinates me. I did very little editing to this image because I felt it didn’t need any to look beautiful and I think my editing would’ve taken away from the striking effect. I chose to put the text so close to the main focal point of the moon because as the eye is drawn there straight away, the blackness of the sky isn’t focused on. So as the image being simple I wanted the words to strand out just as well as the moon to add to the picture


I also love this image because of the way the moon lights the clouds creating a beautiful silhouette to the clouds making the different contours stand out. The main focal point to this image is probably the clouds that are lit up and then the moon in the background to this. I like how the sky isn’t pitch black yet more of a blue so you can see the clouds in contrast to the sky. I have edited this image slightly in increasing the contrast and putting a filter on top of the image to make sure the main focal point was the clouds. I chose to again put the text sp close to the main focal point because I didn’t want it to be lost in the darkness of the rest of the image. I chose to use a a more complicated font because I wanted the image to be really looked at so the viewer could see all the detail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment