Saturday 3 April 2010

Portraiture♥



I liked the idea of using picture to portray emotion but then the text completely contrasting the emotion of the image. I tried to link several images together to create a complete contrast of emotion that not one picture was the same to almost confuse the viewer. I used the word disapointment because all but about 2 images are the complete opposite of disapointment, I liked the idea that the viewer had to look to between all the emotions to look for the disapointment within this image. The picture doesnt really have a focal point as being 16 portraits there are 16 focal points but I think that every image has its own uniqueness for the viewer to focus on. I choose to convert the images to black and white because i felt they had to be more simple because there was so many to look at - also black and white is more appealing to the eye!



These are my favourite images out of several that were taken because I feel they work well as a six and also in their seperate two's. I choose to put similar emotions together but at opposite scales of that emotion because I felt that when I put the contrasting word across the image it would make more of an impact. I think the most sucessful of these three images is the middle image because its very a solemn picture, so by having 'euphoria' placed on top in such an obvious way creates a real contrast. And although the image is obviously not euphoric, I think it creates a great contrast making the viewer look at the image in a different light than if I had place the word 'sadness' on top of the image. I chose to edited each set in a slightly different way creating a slightly brighter effect if the image was happier and a greyer, duller image if it was sader. I think colour works for these images because theres not much to them, so the colour creates the focal point and the interest within the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment