Sunday 28 March 2010

the landscape♥analysis

This is one of my favourite images from this set of pictures; I really like the composition of the image because there is a different focal point than just the landscape – the bird house. I think that the bird house being a prominent item within the image breaks it up creating a very interesting foreground, and with a light background the foreground becomes more of a silhouette. I think that the sky creates for an interesting contrast and I like how the sky fades from a darker blue to a lighter blue. My favourite part to the image is the clock inside the bird house, I like how because it is white it becomes a prominent focal point in the image. I put the text in to foreground because I felt it needed to be in a eye catching place, because the silhouette is such a strong background.

Although this is a simple image, I really like it. I like how I’ve managed to capture the sun’s raise throughout the image and how the clouds are a very prominent part to the picture. The focal point to the image is from the sun at the bottom and up to the clouds and then the viewer focuses on the darker blue background. I placed the text so central in the image because the image is so simple, it needed to be a prominent part to the image. I chose to use a different, fancier font because I felt it wouldn’t divert from the image, and would add to the picture.

The main focal point to this image is probably the sunrise in the background to the picture because the eye is drawn to the brightest colour. The eye is then drawn to the clouds and then through to the bottom on the image, with the outlines of the trees and the darker clouds. I personally think the composition of this image is aesthetically pleasing because the colours are very mellow, and there for not harsh on the eyes. I decided to place the text in a prominent place on the image, but yet hidden by the clouds because I thought that you should have to look harder at an image to really see all the detail, so by looking closer to read the text, the viewer also notices the tree outlines and the darker clouds, and the general beauty within the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment