Thursday 18 March 2010

party portraiture♥analysis

This is one of my favourite images because I really like the composition, the outlines of the subjects are really strong against the back lighting making a aesthetically pleasing image. I like the colours created by my editing on photoscape, i like the soft tones to the background against the strong blacker figures. I also like how you can see some parts of the figures highlighted by the back lighting. Also i like how you cannot see the faces of any of the subjects, which creates mystery to the image.



I like this image because it isnt classically cropped. I like the fact that the heart is the main subject of the image rather than the figure. I really like the way the heart is the main focal point in the image but then then eye is lead around the image noticing the text and the rest of the image. The colours in this picture are quite dull, but yet the heart is the brightest focal point.  I also like how the figure is off centre to the image, lengthening the image. I like how if you look past the foreground towards the backgroung you can see the rest of the party, and can make out figures, creating an intresting background. And although its not a picturesque image, i really like it.


This picture wasnt suppost to be cropped quite so dramatically, but i really like the way it came out. I think that the picture sums up the word for happiness, because he is smiling such a big smile, i feel that the viewer can't help but smile too. I choose to put this image into black and white because i felt the colour was too over powering and i feel like the black and white makes the image simple again - like a smile. I placed the text so large in the centre of the image to be the next focal point after the large smile. Because the words on the image are important for the meaning. After you're noticed the text the eye is drawn to the girl to the right of the text, and you notice that its a smiley portrait.



I edited this image on photoshop using the colour curves and filters. I really like this image because there is nothing else in the image but the main focal point is the subject. I like how you cannot really see the subjects face or expression. I like the crop of this image, because you cannot see around the subject and her hair also fades into the background. I like the colours in this picture because the green of the cardigan and the slight red of the hair are the main focal point of the image, creating something to look at. I put the text more onto the background because theres not much to the acctally image, and I didnt want to subtract from the actual image. I like the paleness to the skin, and how perfect it looks compared to the black of the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment